Grand Prix Races
To promote participation in the NWFTC through competition and voluntarism, the NWFTC will designated a set of races as Grand Prix races which will run between September and June of each year.
All members are automatic entered into the NWFTC Grand Prix and must meet the following:
- Members must run a minimum of four of the designated races.
- Volunteer to help at a minimum of one designated race.
- Paid-up dues status at time of race participation for that race to be counted.
Race Earned Points:
Based on race results and age group against other NWFTC members.
- Competition for 1st through 5th place:
- 1st Place - 50 points
- 2nd place - 45 points
- 3rd place - 40 points
- 4th place - 35 points
- 5th place and all other participants- 30 points
Male and female age groups are:
- [ 0-14] [15-19] [20-24] [25-29]
- [30-34] [35-39] [40-44] [45-49]
- [50-54] [55-59] [60-64] [65-69]
Ties in the final scores will not be broken.
NOTE: Members moving to a higher age group during Grand Prix cycle are scored in the age group where the majority of races are run. In case of an equal number of races, the higher age group is used.
Race Directors/Co-Directors Points:
50 points per Grand Prix races directed/co-directed.
- Earn points in addition to race earned points as follows:
- 0 points for the first Grand Prix race.
- 5 points each additional race.
Rules and Requirements
Only one race per Grand Prix Event can be run for scoring purposes. For example, points may be earned in either the Timberlake 5K or 1/2 marathon.
Volunteers are responsible for informing the Grand Prix scorekeeper.
The scorekeeper will confirm volunteer service with the individual race directors.
The Board may add races anytime during the season by simple majority vote.
The Grand Prix scorekeeper maintains and posts member standings and organizes the Awards Ceremony.
Grand Prix awards are presented at the annual election/general membership meeting.